How Many Website Visitors Do You Need to Fill Your Sales Funnel?
Use our Sales Funnel Calculator to Set Goals for your Marketing and Sales Funnels
Use Our Website Visitors and Leads Required Calculator to Quickly Calculate How many Visitors, Leads and Customers You Need To Fill Your Sales Funnel
Our Website Traffic and Leads Required Calculator has the Answer!
Today's leading organizations use Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to help Marketing and Sales achieve ever more aggressive targets using the Advanced Inbound Marketing methodology. That is why we have designed this FREE online Inbound Marketing and Sales calculator. With this inbound marketing calculator, you can set sales goals that are aligned with your overall company revenue targets while setting marketing goals that are fully aligned with the needs of the sales organization.
Sales Pipeline Performance Management Improvement System
Successful Sales and Marketing are Aligned
The unique aspect of our sales funnel calculator is that it works for any industry and any type of sales model:
All you need to input are the following:
- Monthly Target Revenue
- Average Revenue Per Customer
And the following marketing metrics:
- Contact-to-Customer Conversion Rate
- Website Visitor-to-Contact Conversion Rate
Based on your Revenue Target, the calculator determines the number of new customers you need to close each month, the number of sales leads you need each month, and the number of website visitors you need each month.
Sales and Marketing are a Team
Working as a Well Oiled Machine
When Sales and Marketing work together, Marketing dollars attract the right number of visitors to your website, shopping cart or call center and converts those anonymous visitors into phone numbers and emails (leads). Your Sales team (could be a shopping cart, call center operators, or you the business owner, or a combination of all three ) are then able to take orders from those contacts to sell them your products or services.
Inbound Marketing and Sales is:
- Highly measurable
- Extremely flexible
- Used by leading organizations everywhere.
Inbound Marketing and Sales is a Powerful Sales Strategy
Marketing automation platforms, such as the Hubspot Growth Suite, allow you to model your own sales process and sales funnel stages. This then allows you to create a sales funnel and easily measure sales performance. It's also how you can easily measure every step of a customer journey, which usually doesn't actually work the way you thought it did.
Defining Your Sales Funnel
The customer journey varies greatly from one customer to the next. Your product or service also drives variation in how your sales funnel works. Prospective customers may start their journey to purchase with a simple Google search. If it is a complex sale, such as enterprise software, it will almost certainly involve a combination of Google searches, customer reviews, software reviews, and peer recommendations, often done in face-to-face meetings.
All of this needs to be captured and measured by your marketing and sales automation platform.
Benefits of Having Fully Defined Sales Funnels
A marketing funnel and sales funnel, actually functions as a flywheel. A marketing funnel may function as a lead generation machine for a single business or it may be designed to generate leads for many businesses. No matter how it is designed, when working, your business will:
- Provide a better customer experience by providing helpful information at just the right time.
- Deliver highly personalized content with the right message at scale using customized landing pages.
- Shorten the sales cycle. The right system can generate and deliver a discount code on the fly using rules you set up. This is great for boosting sales for an online business
- Identify good fit qualified leads and quickly route them to the most appropriately qualified Sales Rep.
- Deliver special offers delivered via email campaigns triggered by buyer behavior.
- Increase customer loyalty and improve your customer retention rate by knowing what problems they are having and helping. them to solve them, even when they sometimes don't even know they have them.
- Drastically improve sales rep productivity.
- Uncover their true target audience by having real time information about who their website visitors are.
One Piece of Advice for Optimizing Your Sales Funnel
The best piece of sales funnel optimization advice we can give is to figure out what your audience responds to. The best way to optimize your sales funnel, though, is to pay attention to the results. Start with the top of the funnel. You're creating content, whether paid or organic, to get eyeballs on your brand and to encourage people to click on your CTA.
If one piece of content doesn't work, try something else. Move on to your landing page. Make sure the offer and CTA mimic the content in your blog post or Facebook Ad, or whatever other asset you used to drive traffic there. Test your headline, body copy, images, and CTA to find out what works best.
Improving Conversion Stage-to-Stage Conversion Rates
While the calculator will tell you what numbers you have to hit at each stage of your marketing and sales funnel, it won't tell you how to hit those numbers. But here's some 'quick wins' you can try:
- Use search engine optimization best practices to attract the right people into your marketing funnel. Search engines are incredibly powerful these days and improving every day.
- Use competitive research to help you hone your own SEO optimization strategy
- Adopt Inbound Marketing as your Go-To marketing strategy.
- Setup and Optimize the right Social Media Channels, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Each of these channels has its own sales funnel which you can take advantage with the right approach.
- Implement email drip campaigns using email marketing tools such as those provided by Hubspot coupled with a well developed content strategy.
- Ensure you have a high converting lead magnet for each stage of your marketing funnel.
- Document your buyer's journey. Each one may be different, but at least you'll have a baseline from whence to make changes.
- Create a visual representation of your buyer's journey and update it as your understanding of what works improves. Remember, improvement takes time.
- Educational content is proven to work best. Be prepared to share your knowledge.
- Measure both the number of and outcomes of your sales conversations. Tools like Hubspot CRM make this process transparent and effortless.
- Use the most powerful sales word in the English language: FREE. If you can offer a free trial, offer it. Google does this all the time with their Google ads. You get $150 dollars (sometimes more) just for trying their system out. They currently have over 470,000 advertisers generating over $100,000,000,000 a year in revenue on their platform.
- Use Hubspot's Ads Add-on tool for all of your Google Ads. It's arguably one of the most valuable tools within the Hubspot Growth Suite. With it, you can take customers on a buying journey using a combination of organic traffic acquisition, deeply insightly analytics of your customer's journey and advertising that optimized using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience.
- Employ Account Based Marketing (ABM) in conjunction with Hubspot, LinkedIn and the Hubspot Ads Add-on. ABM is ideal for the complex sales process often necessary for enterprise software. That's why leveraging the right tool and marketing strategy is key to achieving sales success.
Follow-Up Driven by Workflows
Just as in Golf, the secret to sales success is in the follow-up, or rather the number of follow-ups. The challenge for high-volume sales organizations is organizing their follow-up activities for success. With the right system, no lead gets left behind and every opportunity is flagged for follow-up, using automation. If you don't have such capability, you can rest assured you're currently generating and then wasting valuable opportunities.
Key Follow-Up Activities
Your customers are out there, and they're talking, about you. They're doing it on social media and you need to be responding. Let's say you have a nice landing page where you're selling your product or service. The experience your customer has, from before that transaction happens until long after the money is in the bank, will be reflected on social media channels, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and many others. That's why your marketing automation platform, i.e., Hubspot Growth Suite, needs to be connected and listening to each of these channels.
How Many Follow-Ups Are Enough?
The statistics are pretty clear on this. A lot. It's also one of the keys to improving your stage-to-stage conversion rate performance rates. The numbers say that you need to follow-up within five minutes of a conversion, if you ever hope to get that lead on the phone. However, the numbers also say, be persistent. It can take anywhere from 8 follow-up attempts to 27 follow-up attempts.
Are There Better Follow-Up Strategies?
In our experience, yes, and provable so. It starts with having a well defined and implemented content strategy coupled with proven, measurable sales funnel. While some types of small businesses may indeed have a product or service where it makes sense to be making that follow-up phone call within that five minute window, it depends entirely on the type of product you're selling and the value of the purchase. If your product is a large dollar purchase, your target customers are going to need to consume quite a bit of content.
If, on the other hand, your target customers are more toward the lower, smaller dollar end, it may make sense to work the phones aggressively. That's when it is advisable to run an A/B test on your sales pipeline. You may find that even the lower dollar value purchase requires educational content, while in other cases, your prospect is ready for the call. Testing will yield the right, objective answer.
Don't forget Google My Business
If you have a physical business location, or many of them, you need to ensure your Google Business listing is up-to-date. It's also another social media platform, among many functions, and one of the most important things you need to know about it is that customers can message you directly on it. That means you have to have knowledgeable staffing available to respond to those messages. It also means you have to respond promptly, as your response time is measured by Google.
One other critical characteristic of this system is the ability of customers to leave customer reviews, which you can see when you search on Google. As before, not only are hoping to get good customer reviews, and five star ratings, you are being measured on how fast you respond to customer reviews, whether good or bad. For local SEO, this is a critical task you must get right. Fortunately, you measure this and improve it.
Monthly Revenue Target: Enter your Monthly Revenue Target in dollars ( ie. $25,000 ). How much revenue would you like to earn each month due to Inbound Marketing or Online Sales?
Inbound Marketing Revenue Contribution Percent: Enter the % of New Monthly Revenue needed from Inbound Marketing in Percent (ie. 80 % ). What percentage of your New Monthly Revenue growth goal would you like to book attributable to Inbound Marketing or Online Sales as opposed to other sources of revenue?
Average Revenue Per Client: Enter your estimated Average Monthly Revenue per new Customer in dollars ( ie. 10000 ). How much can you earn, on average, from each new customer each month?
Contact or Lead: Someone who gave you their name, phone number or Email so that you can contact them directly if you desired to.
Contact to Customer Conversion Rate Current: What is your Current monthly lead-to-customer conversion rate in Percent ( i.e., Top 25 = 56%, Median = 7.1% ). For every website visitor who has given you good contact information, what percentage of those good leads, on average, is your sales team able to close into new Customers every month?
Contact to Customer Conversion Rate Goal: What is your monthly lead-to-customer conversion rate Goal in Percent ( i.e., 10 % ). For every website visitor who has given you good contact information, what percentage of those good leads, on average, would you like (GOAL) your sales team to be able to close into new Customers every month?
Contacts Needed Monthly Current: How many contacts you currently need.
Contacts Needed Monthly Goal: How many contacts you need to meet your goal target.
Visitor-to-Contact Conversion Rate Current: What is your Current monthly website visits-to-leads conversion rate in Percent ( i.e., Top 25 = 3.1%; Median = 0.93% ). For every anonymous website visitor, what percentage on average each month, has filled out a form and given you good personal contact information to become a lead?
Visitor-to-Contact Conversion Rate Goal: What is your visitor-to-lead conversion rate Goal in Percent ( ie. 4% ). For every anonymous website visitor, what percentage Goal, would you like to have fill out a form and give you good personal contact information to become a lead?
Visitors Needed Monthly Current: How many visitors do you currently need.
Visitors Needed Monthly Goal: How many visitors do you need to meet your goal target.
Developed by: Doug Ayers, PMP and Lonnie Ayers, PMP