You’ve put together a killer website and crafted a marketing strategy to drive growth. Part of that strategy includes pay-per-click advertising, but you have no idea where to start. What about hiring a consultant?
A Google PPC consultant offers your business a unique set of skills that can enhance your paid advertising campaigns. Choosing the right consultant, though, can be overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re looking for in a PPC expert. With an efficient list of questions, you can easily determine whether a Google PPC consultant is right for your business.
What Can a Google PPC Consultant Do for Your Business?
A complete marketing strategy will include more than just PPC advertising: email marketing, SEO-optimized website content, and social media marketing, among others. It can be difficult to decide which channels to invest in, but there are certain marketing strategies that really do need an expert’s touch.
The right Google PPC consultant is a practical investment in growing your business. A PPC expert offers key benefits that will support every marketing team’s strategy, including:
● Specialized expertise: Using Google AdWords can be a bit tedious, and the right PPC expert will have demonstrable experience in managing campaigns in Google’s tools.
● Critical keyword insight: Optimizing your keyword strategy for paid ads is different than for website and blog content, so it’s crucial to hire someone that understands the subtle nuances.
● Effective ad writing: As with keywords, the copy for an effective paid ad is going to be distinct from your website and email marketing copy, and a PPC expert knows how to write ads that convert.
In general, every Google ads consultant will be able to analyze your data and make changes to your paid ad strategy. The right PPC expert, though, will routinely work with your business to update your ad strategy and goals. They’ll stay on top of both trends and changes in the paid ad space and trends in their client’s industry. Before you hire an ad consultant, you need to know a few things about the consultant’s background and approach.
4 Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring a Google PPC Consultant
Hiring a Google PPC consultant is a big decision – there are thousands of consultants that might be available but finding the right one takes a little bit of research.
1. Does the Consultant Have a Client Portfolio?
You want to know how a Google PPC consultant performs and reviewing work they’ve done for other businesses is a great way to find out if a consultant has the right tone for your business. If a portfolio isn’t available – an NDA can prevent some consultants from displaying their work – look for client reviews or testimonials. Case studies are another example of content that can help you evaluate a PPC expert, and social media can provide some rudimentary insight, as well.
2. What Tools Does the Consultant Use to Validate Their Strategies?
Google AdWords is a comprehensive tool in itself, but relying on it as the sole source of data is a novice approach. A PPC expert with Google certification should use tools that broaden their approach to paid ads. That includes using tools to optimize your company’s keyword strategy as well as tools that make cross-channel marketing an option for your Google ads. They’ll be able to compare data from a number of channels to validate their ad campaigns.
3. When Does the Consultant Follow-up After Ad Implementation?
Besides the timeline for implementing your overall marketing plan, a Google PPC consultant should have a timeline for their paid campaign process. It generally takes time for ads to produce results, so you should know what the timeline looks like for a PPC expert. The timeline should include when you’ll receive your first follow-up, and when to expect routine follow-ups. You’ll also want to know when they suggest updating your ad strategy.
4. Is the Consultant an Authority in Your Industry or Vertical?
A highly-specialized Google PPC consultant will have a firm understanding of your industry. They’ll know how to write ad content that your clients will appreciate and what keywords to use to drive more traffic to your site. You also want to consider whether the consultant is familiar with advertising to your vertical – B2B advertising is different from B2C advertising. A well-rounded PPC expert can offer a lot to most businesses, but certain industries will benefit from a specialized PPC consultant.
Tips for Choosing the Right Google PPC Consultant
Choosing the right Google PPC consultant is more than just asking a few questions. You need to spend time comparing each consultant’s experience and skillset. Start by doing a search for consultants, either virtual or local, and use these tips to narrow down your list of potential candidates:
● Read through the list of services: Every PPC expert should have a list of services, and you want to understand what kind of experience each consultant has.
● Compare strategy and goals: Most consultants have a “how it works” page – or something similar – that gives their clients an idea of when to expect follow-ups and results.
● Perform a cost-benefit analysis: Hiring a PPC expert is an investment, but you need to understand how much it costs for the consultant and ads, then determine how much revenue it will generate.
You want to hire a Google ads consultant that makes your ad strategy as efficient as possible. The time you spend researching potential consultants will be worth the boost in revenue later.
Does Your Business Need a Google PPC Consultant?
Every business is different, but there are critical reasons to hire a Google PPC consultant. First, Google AdWords is a complex tool that requires certification. Rather than spending your time understanding the intricacies of the platform, a Google ads consultant can efficiently manage ad campaigns based on Google’s standards.
Second, a Google PPC consultant has the expertise to craft ad campaigns that create actual value for your business. This can take months to achieve on your own.