Salesforce Career - Is It For You?
Before exploring the details of the various Salesforce certifications, it is essential to understand why choosing a Salesforce career is a wise decision.
Why Consider Salesforce Credentials?
Mentioning Salesforce credentials in your resume or LinkedIn profile makes you stand out from the rest and opens up many career opportunities otherwise closed to you. Salesforce is a leading platform with many more applications than just CRM or Customer Relationship Management. The Salesforce App Marketplace has thousands of applications that extend the Salesforce system functionality, for thousands of niche applications. All of which creates many Salesforce Jobs and other related opportunities.
Salesforce offers a range of certifications to help professionals demonstrate their expertise in the Salesforce Platform and advance their careers. A Salesforce Certification is great way to jump start your career, and as well, to boost your career prospects. Here is a list of some of the main Salesforce Certifications:
Salesforce Certified Administrator: This certification is for professionals who have experience as a Salesforce administrator and want to demonstrate their knowledge of the platform.
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator: You first need to achieve Salesforce Certified Administrator status, and then work within the field as an administrator to gain practical experience. Having certification as a Salesforce advanced administrator proves that: You can handle the complexities of working in a larger number of more complex Salesforce Orgs. You will be competent and comfortable with robust designing and scalable applications for clients. You will also work at higher levels of client organizations.
Salesforce Certified Sales/Service Cloud Consultant: This certification is for professionals who have expertise in using Salesforce for sales and customer service, and want to demonstrate their ability to design and implement solutions on the platform.
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder: This certification is for professionals who have experience as a Salesforce developer and want to demonstrate their skills in building custom applications on the platform.
Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant: The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant Certification is for professionals who have expertise in using Salesforce Marketing Cloud for marketing automation and want to demonstrate their ability to design and implement solutions on the platform.
Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant: This certification is for professionals who have expertise in using Salesforce Pardot for marketing automation and want to demonstrate their ability to design and implement solutions on the platform.
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I: This certification is for professionals who have experience as a Salesforce developer and want to demonstrate their skills in building custom applications on the platform using Apex and Visualforce.
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II: This certification is for professionals who have advanced skills in building custom applications on the Salesforce platform and want to demonstrate their ability to design, develop, and deploy complex solutions.
- Salesforce Business Analyst: The Salesforce Business Analyst credential is designed for Certified Salesforce Administrators who understand business needs, capture requirements, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop Salesforce solutions that drive business improvements.
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist Credential: This credential is designed for individuals who have experience implementing Salesforce CPQ. This credential is a great way to demonstrate skills and knowledge in designing, building, and implementing quoting flows with Salesforce CPQ. CPQ or Configure, Price and Quote, when coupled with Zuora, provides robust product and service catalog capabilities. It is a primary technical component of setting up and managing a subscription based business.
- Salesforce Certified System Architect: System Architects focus on off-platform systems, integration, securing access between systems as well as managing governance and testing capabilities for deployment and ongoing Salesforce modification requirements.
- Salesforce Integration Architect Credential: This credential is designed for those who assess the architecture environment and requirements and design sound and scalable technical solutions on the Salesforce Platform that meet end-to-end integration requirements.
These are just a few examples of the Salesforce certifications that are available. There are also certifications for other areas of expertise, such as community cloud, integration architecture, and Einstein Analytics.
By obtaining relevant certifications, you can demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers and advance your career as a Salesforce consultant