Implement SAP BW using our SAP BW Tutorials
Whether you new to SAP or are an old hand who started way back on SAP BW Release 1.X, like I did, you always want to not only to learn new things, but have on hand SAP BW Tutorials to remind you of how to do everyday bread-n-butter task. Not everybody had the time or money to attend the SAP BW Academy, or even the individual courses. Even if you did attend an Academy, you probably only got the plain old boring Black and White paper copies of the training materials. Worse, you may have noticed a few mistakes in them. Well, in our never ending quest to produce better SAP BW Consultants, we have remixed those Black and White boring documents and spiced them up with color, and fixed the errors, and added our own 2 cents worth. Then, we have made videos to support some them, and found videos made by others to use as well and added them to our own personalized playlist so you can quickly find what you need.
Where to start or where to revisit:
- First off, we recommend you start with our SAP BW Data Modeling Guide. This will give you a solid core foundation in unique aspects of SAP BW Extended Star Schema modeling.
- After you have reviewed and spent some serious time with this one, we next recommend you dive into InfoCube Modeling. Now for many of you, this is old hat, but you might be surprised at some of the aspects of InfoCube Modeling you may have forgotten.
- Once you have achieved mastery of basic SAP BW InfoCube Modeling, it is time to get way more sophisticated and dive in to MultiCube Modeling and the development of InfoSets. InfoSets are overused by some and completely ignored by others. You will want to know when, how and why to use them.
- Now that you have built your core SAP BW data model up, you will want to make you can get at the truth and nothing but the truth. How? By properly modeling your key figures. Whether modeling CKF (Calculated Key Figures) and just everyday KF (Key Figures), or having fun with Dates, you will want to have complete mastery of this subject.
- To build a SAP BEx query, you are going to also need a way to specify what is needed, and we have also provided that template for you here. With this, you can build a robust query specification no matter BW release you are on.
Use Our SAP BW BEx Query Definition Template to Specify Your Query
- Of course, you will need to tie it all together, and as they say, no job is done until the paperwork is done. With SAP BW, and the virtually unlimited uses of the tools, you will want to have a complete SAP BI Technical Definition ready to go when your customer says, ok, ready to sign-off!
Of course, no man is an island and a SAP BW Project needs a proven Project Management Approach. If you are a SAP BW Project manager, we have prepared some guides for you as well. You don’t need to feel like you are stranded on an island in the middle of the ERP ocean.
Look for more upcoming SAP BW Guides in this space soon. Don't forget to subscribe!
Lonnie D. Ayers, PMP, BSC
President, SAP BW Consulting, Inc.